About the Role
Under the direction of Director of Operations and Consulting Director of the Data and Compliance, the Serious Business Academy Intern has the overall responsibility of assisting program staff with various assignments to advance the Serious Business Academy and other programs in the Economic Development Department. Such include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide superior customer service to staff, contractors, volunteers, guests and clients
2. Operate multiline phone system and windows computer
3. Schedule appointments, answer voicemails, and respond to emails on behalf of Director’s team
4. Perform data entry of client information into Salesforce CRM, Excel Database and other grant specific software
5. Create and edit and flyers and other promotional templates in Canva
6. Use Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. for various tasks
7. Possess interest and basic knowledge of Small Business Development, Nonprofit Operations, Social Services, Economic Development, and Case Management.
8. Conduct research to create and maintain program manual and marketing plan
9. Evaluate business assessments, categorize business client and assist with creating success plans for client for service assignments
10. Work with business consultant contractors for service coordination and meetings
11. Organize and maintain client records (virtual)
12. Conduct client follow-up for the record updating
13. Conduct outreach and maintain relationships with to small business associations and outside agency partners to increase opportunities and partnerships.
14. Monitor and assist with the analysis of client data
15. Assist in the facilitation of networking events and forums
16. Update marketing consultant concerning past and upcoming events
17. Attend necessary community events and trainings (virtual or in person)
18. Maintain high standard of integrity and ethical conduct
19. Proficient in Windows, PC, Microsoft Suite, Zoom, Canvas, Google Suite, etc.
20. Perform other related duties as required
Current College Student
Recent College Graduate
About the Company
The Pinellas County Urban League (PCUL) knows that our strength lies not only in the words we stand by but most importantly through the actions of our initiatives. We serve all 24 municipalities of Pinellas county and the following counties: Pasco, Hernando, Lake, Seminole, Marion County, Sumter County.
The PCUL mission is to Empower Communities while Changing Lives!