About the Role
An ACA Navigator is a position that will assist individuals in enrolling in the Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplace and accurately report on activities. Candidate are required to be fingerprinted and background checked after completing a minimum of 20 hours of an HHS-developed training program and passing an exam to ensure appropriate understanding of relevant Exchange-related information prior to beginning Navigator work.
1. Scheduling and taking in-person appointments for enrollment services.
2. Conduct follow-up phone calls.
3. Answer a 1-800 toll-free phone line for consumers needing assistance.
4. Attend outreach events and speaking with consumers in public venues, and daily data entry.
5. Navigators are expected to carry out the statutory and regulatory duties including: maintaining expertise
in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications including that of Medicaid and CHIP (Children’s
Health Insurance Program) in addition to the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace.
6. Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the Exchange.
7. Provide information and services in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner.
8. Facilitate selection of a Qualified Health Plan.
9. Provide referrals to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance to address consumer
grievances, questions, or complaints about their health plan, coverage, or a determination.
10. Provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and accessible to
individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Education, Social Work, Health, etc.; Associates Degree or combination of education and experience considered.
Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
Ability to conduct outreach.
Willing to drive to identified sites.
Experience with health insurance and taxes, preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must have documented proficiency in group facilitation.
Must be computer literate using Microsoft Office or similar applications.
Positive and team-oriented attitude.
Outstanding organizational skills.
Ability to carry out responsibilities with flexibility to adapt to changing needs and goals.
Ability to work effectively with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities.
Ability to balance the needs and expectations of multiple constituents.
Bilingual strongly preferred by not required
Must have a valid Florida Driver License and reliable transportation.
Must pass a Level 2 background screening.
ALL APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FINAL CANDIDATES FOR A POSITION WILL BE TESTED FOR THE PRESENCE OF DRUGS AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
About the Company
The Pinellas County Urban League has been serving the community for over 43 years. The agency's mission is to increase social inclusion, educational competitiveness, and economic prosperity in the African American population of Pinellas County and strengthen relationships with our partners. For more information, visit www.pcul.org