About the Role
Community Affairs Job Summary: We are looking to hire a successful candidate who has a BA degree. Primary duties include attending meetings, conducting research, drafting memos and talking points, tracking communications efforts. The role requires the candidate to possess excellent communication research and writing skills as well as the ability to work under the pressure in an extremely fast-paced environment. Individual must be knowledgeable of current legislative and non-legislative issues and must have a thorough understanding of the legislative process. The staff person must provide general office support with a variety of administrative activities. Community Affairs Director Responsibilities and Duties: • Manage the phone calls, emails for the President/CEO office while providing pertinent information when needed. • Maintain office calendar and assist with scheduling meetings and coordinating interoffice events • Assist with planning legislative committee meetings, also include logistic, scheduling, and catering. • Manage correspondence and assist with mass mailings, recognition awards, and senior staff expense reports • Assist in researching and tracking grantmaking and legislative issues.
• Managing the preparation of meeting rooms including setting up conference phones, screens, projectors and presentations • Assist staff with IT equipment needs as assigned. • Manage office supplies and common work areas. • Greet visitors and maintain security procedures for access to office
• Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar field.
• Excellent writing and research skills and pay close attention to details
• Knowledge in these areas is strongly preferred
• Strong work ethics and a healthy sense of humor
• Commitment to the promotion of progressive values
• Willing to work long hours including regular evening and weekend availability
• Punctual, reliable and must have strong communication skill
• Strong verbal and oral communication skills • Self-motivated and strong analytical skills
• Attention to detail, prioritization skill and time management
• Quick learner with a positive attitude
• Motivational and communication skill
About the Company
The Pinellas County Urban League is in the business of empowering communities and changing lives. The work we do at PCUL is aimed at providing a holistic approach to solving some of our society’s biggest challenges. We make sure our partners are empowered by creating opportunities for individuals and communities.