All PCUL EDCEC Career Connection workforce development activities are managed by a Workforce Development Team.
The goals of Career Connection are to:
- Build strong partnerships with employer agencies
- Build strong collaborations with partner agencies for education and vocational training and other services
- Prepare individuals for sustainable careers
- Place individuals in sustainable employment
- Collect and maintain accurate data to gage service impact
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please Call Marshae Scott
727-327-2081 or Email MSCOTT@PCUL.ORG
The Pinellas County Urban League is the "Community Empowerment Center" with a specific focus on workforce development. We work with individual job seekers and local employers to increase job placement strengthen the workforce. We provide services throughout Pinellas County, which include the following specifiied communities: Jordan Park/ Wildwood, Campbell Park and Child's Park.
Job Seeker have access to:
- Job Coaching & Career Counseling
- Employability Skills Training
- Financial Assistance with Certifications
- Resume Building
- Job Referrals & Job Placement Opportunities
- Job Fairs & Employer Information Sessions
- Additional assistance for those with employment barriers (ex-offenders, substance abuse, mental/physical disability, domestic violence).
- Free marketing: your company will be seen by many people throughout the community.
- An opportunity to join our advisory committee.
- Free online job database, job fairs and information sessions.
- Quality candidates of diverse backgrounds that fit your employment needs.
Campbell Park Resource Center
Each Wednesday at 10am the Campbell Park Resource center conducts workshops. On the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month are the Job Readiness workshops and on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month are the Financial empowerment workshops. For more information about each workshop please see the flyers below or call 727-258-7989. To learn more about the services the Campbell Park Resource center offers please click here.
Pinellas Workforce Development Council
The Pinellas Workforce Development Council is committed to assisting participants of the ‘hard to hire’ population in their efforts to have economic attainment through skill development and life-long learning.
- Career Assessments
- Goal Setting
- Job Referrals & Placement
- Mock Interviews
- Resume Writing
- Employability Skills/ Soft Skills Workshops
- Career Counseling
- TABE Testing
- Job Search
- Job Retention
- Financial Literacy Workshops
Welcome to new possibilities!
“HEAR FROM OUR CLIENTS”
The program brought a lot of insight to me on deciding what I should do. It taught me to set goals and most of all to stay focus.
I would like to thank Ms. Lewis for her guidance and career assessment along the way.
I learned a lot in the program (setting short/long goals, how to do a resume, cover letter and interviewing skills. I am happy that I have accomplished a lot as I searched for employment.
Thank you, Pinellas County Urban League.
This program has made me see that I can do anything if I believe I can. I enrolled in a CNA and passed. I learn a lot about myself in the program. I found a job making more money because of the certification.
Urban Seniors Jobs Program
Career Source Pasco
Hernando 4440 Grand Blvd,
New Port Richey, FL 34652
Contact for Pasco/Hernando Counties: Bruce Wenk, Senior Employment Training Specialist at 727-484-3400 Ext. 3
Career Source Citrus, Levy,
Marion 2703 NE 14th St
Ocala, FL 34470
Career Source Central Florida-Leesburg
1415 14th Street, Suite 100
Leesburg, FL 34748
Career Source Central Florida - Sanford
1209 West Airport Blvd
Sanford, FL 32773
Contact for the above counties: Sondra Jackson, Senior Employment Training Specialist at 888-310-7770 Ext. 3
Upcoming Job Information Sessions